[cmath] Announcement: Distinguished Lecture Series, Univ. of Western Ontario

Rick Jardine jardine at uwo.ca
Tue Apr 6 11:35:56 EDT 2010

Announcement:

    Distinguished Lecture Series, 2010
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Western Ontario

We are pleased to announce that Professor *Ivan Fesenko*, of the
University of Nottingham, will be the Distinguished Lecture Series
speaker at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Western
Ontario for the year 2010.

Professor Fesenko will give three lectures under the general title "A
generalization of the adelic analysis theory of Tate and Iwasawa to
arithmetic surfaces":

Lecture 1 (Tuesday, April 20, 2010): "Higher fields and adeles
associated to arithmetic surfaces, and a translation invariant
integration on higher local fields and adeles"

Lecture 2 (Wednesday, April 21, 2010): "K-delic structures on arithmetic
surfaces and two-dimensional class field theory"

Lecture 3 (Thursday, April 22, 2010): "Zeta integral on a regular model
of elliptic curve over global field and applications to three
fundamental properties of its zeta function"

All lectures will be held in Room 107 of Middlesex College at 3:30pm on
the indicated dates. Refreshments will be served before the first lecture.

Further details are available on our departmental web site:
http://www.math.uwo.ca/calendar/month.php#

E-mail inquiries can be sent to mathdept at uwo.ca.