[cmath] PhD Opportunities at the University of Guelph

Brian Allen ballen at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jan 27 20:06:26 EST 2010

Dear Colleagues:

Please circulate to interested students.

Exciting opportunities exist for suitably qualified students to join the doctoral program in the Department of Mathematics&  Statistics at the University of Guelph. Students study either mathematics or statistics and the program has an applied emphasis, although more theoretical projects are also available. All interested students are encouraged to apply.  Annual stipends at a minimum of $25,000 will be offered, on a competitive basis, to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

Our faculty members are committed to providing a personalized approach to learning for their graduate students. In addition to making themselves readily available for consultations with students, faculty members conduct leading-edge research, use innovative teaching methods, are well connected within their respective professional communities, and are committed to student success. Their dedication creates a personalized, positive and well-rounded academic environment for our graduate students.

See www.mathstat.uoguelph.ca for further information. Applications will be considered until all positions are filled.

Best regards,
Brian Allen, Chair