[cmath] New Call for Papers - 16th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS/16), at the University of Porto, Porto, Portugal, 28-30 June 2011

antonio ferreira ferreira at fe.up.pt
Sun Jan 3 11:07:19 EST 2010

Dear Colleague, I hope all is well with you. A very happy 2010 !

Further to my recent email, I contact you again due to significant
improvements in the organization of ICCS16. More than 25 Special
Sessions will be organized and (so far) 12 plenary lectures will be
presented.

Therefore, I invite you to submit your abstract to the 16th
International
Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS/16), at the University of
Porto, Porto, Portugal, 28-30 June 2011. Deadline for abstract
submission: December 1st, 2010.

As the name implies, this will be the 16th in a biennial series of
conferences which commenced in Scotland in September 1981. They continue
to be the only international forum with a focus on structural aspects of
composite materials and are one of the longest running “composites”
conferences.

This will be the second occasion the conference will be held in
Portugal. ICCS15(15-17 June 2009) attracted more than 350 delegates from
34 countries. We expect ICCS16 will be even larger.

I am very pleased to inform you that the following distinguished
Colleagues have accepted to present a Plenary Lecture:

1. Yapa Rajapakse, Office of Naval Research, USA
2. Ole T. Thomsen, aalborg University, Denmark
3. Arun Shukla, University of Rhode Island, USA
4. Mark Robinson, University of Newcastle, UK
5. Rui Moreira, University of Aveiro, Portugal
6. Richard Degenhardt, German Aerospace Center, Germany
7. J. N. Reddy, Texas A&M, USA
8. Gerhard Ziegmann, Clausthal University, Germany
9. Mohamad Qatu, Mississippi State University, USA
10. Simon Wang, Loughborough University, UK
11. Riadh Al-Mahaidi, Monash University, Australia
12. Anthony Waas, University of Michigan, USA

A Special Session(s) by the Office of Naval Research will be organized,
thanks to the kind contribution of Dr. Yapa Rajapakse (Program Manager
at ONR).

The ICCS16 web page is
http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~iccs16/index.html
<http://paginas.fe.up.pt/%7Eiccs16/index.html

Template for abstract submission can be found at the borrom of this
page:
http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~iccs16/index.html
<http://paginas.fe.up.pt/%7Eiccs16/index.html

Registration form can be found at the end of the page:
http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~iccs16/registration.html
<http://paginas.fe.up.pt/%7Eiccs16/registration.html

After the conference, some selected papers will be invited for
submission in a regular issue of the Journal of Composite Structures
(ELSEVIER). May I stress that the participation in ICCS16 does not
guarantee publication of the full paper in Composite Structures.

As in ICCS15, we will award (a gift of about 1000 euro - in kind) the
Ian Marshall's Best Student Paper (only to students that submit the full
paper and present it at ICCS16)

So far, other than the ONR Special Sessions, the following 25+ Special
Sessions (Mini-Symposium) are planned. With the exception of the ONR
Sessions, you can contact the organizers of
the Sessions directly, if you wish. in the link:
http://feupload.fe.up.pt/get/nkBXVXyYL5ArIB3

In case you wish to promote another Special Session, please contact me
by email.

I hope to meet you again soon

Best wishes

Antonio

Antonio J. M. Ferreira

*Editor, Composite Structures*

http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405928/description#description

*ICCS16: 16th International Conference on Composite Structures (28-30
June 2011, Porto, Portugal)*

http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~iccs16 <http://paginas.fe.up.pt/%7Eiccs16>

*Matlab codes for finite element analysis*

http://www.springer.com/engineering/book/978-1-4020-9199-5

Antonio J. M. Ferreira, PhD (Associate Professor)

Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto

Departamento de Engenharia Mecanica

Rua Dr Roberto Frias, 4200-465 Porto, Portugal

Phone +351225081705, email: ferreira at fe.up.pt <mailto:ferreira at fe.up.pt>

*
*