[cmath] University-College Professor Position - Vancouver Island University

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Tue Oct 6 14:49:21 EDT 2009

At Vancouver Island University, it's easy to love where you work. We are
a supportive campus community focused on innovative teaching methods,
undergraduate research opportunities, and creating an exceptional
learning experience for our students. Become a part of our team,
applications are being accepted for the following position:

*University-College Professor, Mathematics Department, Competition No.
09-4061
Faculty of Science and Technology
* Vancouver Island University Nanaimo Campus
Start date: August 1, 2010

*Duties:
* To teach a range of University Mathematics courses, mainly at the
first or second year level. The successful applicant will generally
teach 16 hours of lecture per week (eight one-term courses per year).

*Qualifications: Required
* PhD in Mathematics or Statistics from an appropriately accredited
institution. Candidates must have the ability to teach at least one of
our upper-level course offerings and be willing to teach at the VIU
regional campuses. Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching,
learning and student success. The successful candidate will participate
in a wide range of activities outside the classroom such as student
support, faculty and committee meetings and other initiatives and
professional activities in keeping with their disciplines.

Applications must include a complete Curriculum Vitae and evidence of
teaching ability at the post-secondary level (include teaching
evaluations, if available), an overview of teaching and research
interests, and the names and contact information of three references
(telephone, e-mail).

*Qualifications: Preferred
* PhD in Statistics or demonstrated ability to teach a wide range of
statistics courses. All qualified individuals seeking a long and
successful career, primarily in teaching, are encouraged to apply.

*Posting Period
* 1 pm Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 1 pm Thursday, December 03, 2009

For more information on application procedures at Vancouver Island
University, visit www.viu.ca <http://www.viu.ca> and click on Employment.

This employment position is among those listed in the Employment section
of the CMS website:
     http://cms.math.ca/Employment