[cmath] Tenure Track Position, Fluid Dynamics - University of Alberta

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Thu Sep 3 16:30:32 EDT 2009

Tenure Track Position, Fluid Dynamics

The Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, at the University
of Alberta, invites applications for a tenure-track position in the
general area of fluid dynamics at the Assistant Professor
level. Appointment at a higher level may be possible under exceptional
circumstances. We offer an excellent research environment with a normal
teaching load of three courses per year.

The University of Alberta has one of the leading Mathematics Departments
in Canada and has strong connections with other mathematical institutes,
such as the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS),
Mathematics of Information Technology and Complex Systems (MITACS), and
the Banff International Research Station (BIRS). For information about the
Department, please visit our website at www.math.ualberta.ca. For
information about the Fluid Dynamics Group, see www.math.ualberta.ca/~gfd

The successful candidate will hold a PhD or international equivalent; have
established accomplishments and outstanding promise in research; as well
as a strong commitment to graduate and undergraduate teaching. We seek an
individual who will complement the department's existing expertise in
turbulence, waves and shock theory, stratified fluids, hydrodynamic
stability, physical oceanography and climatology. In addition to
developing a strong research program, the successful candidate will be
expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, including
mathematical fluid dynamics, numerical methods and advanced partial
differential equations.

Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, a research statement, a
teaching profile outlining experience and interests, and at least three
confidential letters of reference. Review of applications will begin on
November 13, 2009; however, the competition will remain open until
filled. Early applications are encouraged.

Interested applicants may apply to:

Online: http://www.careers.ualberta.ca/competition.aspx?id=A10019298

Arturo Pianzola, Chair
Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB Canada T6G 2G1

Email: chairsec at math.ualberta.ca

Competition No.  -   A10019298
Closing Date  -   Will remain open until filled.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

The University of Alberta hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to
the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage
applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with
disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.

This employment position is among those listed in the Employment section
of the CMS website:
      http://cms.math.ca/Employment