[cmath] CMS/CSHPM Summer Meeting 2009

Graham Wright meetings at cms.math.ca
Thu Feb 26 14:51:19 EST 2009

*CMS/CSHPM Summer Meeting 2009*

*June 6 - 8, St. John’s, Newfoundland*

www.cms.math.ca <http://www.cms.math.ca/>

The Canadian Mathematical Society <http://www.cms.math.ca/.e> (CMS), the
Canadian Society for History and Philosophy of Mathematics
<http://cshpm.org/> (CSHPM) and Memorial University of Newfoundland
<http://www.math.mun.ca> invite the mathematical community to the
CMS/CSHPM Summer Meeting 2009. The program will include ten plenary,
prize and public lectures, and a wide variety of sessions, including a
Contributed Paper session.

*All scientific talks and social events, except for the banquet, will
take place at the Memorial University of Newfoundland* (map
<http://www.mun.ca/campus_map/index.php>); the registration desk will be
located in the lobby of the Inco Innovation Centre. The Welcome
reception will take place at Gushue Dining Hall on campus, and the
banquet will take place at the Woodstock Colonial Restaurant
<http://www.thewoodstock.com> in Paradise, NL.

Please visit the web site <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer09/> for
details about the meeting as well as three events that are taking place
in conjunction with the sessions in /Mathematics Education/, /Groups and
Hopf Algebras/, and /Nielsen Theory and its Applications*.*/

Early Bird Registration
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer09/registration>

To qualify for the discounted Early Bird registration fee, the
registration form and payment have to be received by the deadline. After
this date, the registration fees increase by approximately 30%.

Accommodation <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer09/accommodation>

We have secured discounted rates at Quality Hotel Harbourview, the
Extended Stay Hotel and the Residences of Memorial University of
Newfoundland.

Travel <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer09/travel>

Please note that the code for the International Airport of St. John's
<http://www.stjohnsairport.com/index/index.cfm>, Newfoundland, is YYT.

Map of St. John’s <http://maps.yourgmap.com/v/6_q1_cms2009.html>;
Destination St. John’s <http://www.destinationstjohns.com/>

Student Subsidies <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer09/student_subsidy>

We encourage the participation of students at the Meeting. Towards this,
we are allocating funds to help defray the cost of travel and
accommodation for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows.

We look forward to welcoming you in St. John’s!

--
Dr. Graham P. Wright
e-mail: gpwright at cms.math.ca
105-1785 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1G 3Y6
Tel: 613-733-2662, ext 713, F: 613 733-8994