[cmath] Instructor, Mathematics - College of the North Atlantic - Qatar

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Fri Jan 23 15:14:55 EST 2009

Come Join Our Team!
Instructor, Mathematics

Are you looking for an international assignment with a great Canadian
College and an opportunity that offers:

Competitive Compensation * Furnished Accommodation * Single or Family
Status Contract * Relocation Allowances * Annual Travel * K-12 Education
for Children * Living Allowance (Canadian Residents) * Pension (Canadian
Residents) * Comprehensive Medical Insurance * Family-Centered Environment

Then join us for an exciting and rewarding career at our world-class
technology college in the Middle East.

College of the North Atlantic – Qatar is a comprehensive technical college
with a growing international reputation.  We are seeking dynamic,
adventurous people who are excellent teachers, culturally-sensitive and
student-oriented and excited about working in the State of Qatar.

DUTIES:  The instructor will plan, develop, and deliver instruction in
Mathematics to students enrolled in a variety of College and academic
preparatory programs.  S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the
resources of the learning environment.  Instructors will keep course
portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in
instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to
contribute to professional and community life within the College and
beyond.

QUALIFICATIONS:  The successful candidate must have teaching experience
and a thorough knowledge of Mathematics. S/he must have a Bachelor of
Education Degree with post-secondary or high school methods courses and an
undergraduate degree with a major in Mathematics, combined with recent
teaching experience. S/he will have exemplary communication skills and
expert fluency in English is essential. All instructors work in a learning
environment where English language is taught through and across
disciplines. The ability to develop effective working relationships and a
strong commitment to working in a team and student-centered learning
environment are required.

COMPETITION NUMBER:  CNA-Q.PPD.MATH.09.03CMS (quote when applying).

DEADLINE:   February 6, 2009

NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the State of
Qatar visa process.

If you are a Canadian citizen with excellent English language skills and
are ready for a professional and personal adventure in the Middle East,
we’d like to hear from you.  Successful candidates will be required to
provide a recent Certificate of Conduct.  Quoting the specific competition
number, please forward via e-mail your resume and contact information for
three current references to the e-mail address below using Microsoft Word.
If called for an interview, you must provide original transcripts.

College of the North Atlantic - Qatar Project
P. O. Box 1693 St. John’s, NL  A1C 5P7
Tel:  709-758-7347  e-mail:  qatarjobs at cna.nl.ca

Visit our websites www.cna-qatar.com & www.cna.nl.ca/qatar for all the
information you’ll need to know about our employment opportunities,
employment contracts, the immigration process, our campus, programs of
study, employee life and so much more at CNA-Qatar.  CREATE THE FUTURE YOU
WANT!

This employment position is among those listed in the Employment section
of the CMS website:
      http://cms.math.ca/Employment