[cmath] Tenure-Track Position - UBC Okanagan, Mathematics, Statistics and Physics Unit

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Thu Nov 22 11:37:59 EST 2007

Assistant Professor, Mathematics

The Mathematics, Statistics and Physics Unit of the University of British
Columbia Okanagan (UBC O) invites applications for a tenure-track position
in mathematics. Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in mathematics or closely
related discipline, have an excellent research record and a strong
commitment to excellence in teaching. We are seeking a candidate to
enhance or complement one or more of our current areas of expertise:
mathematical biology and differential equations, optimization and
analysis, and number theory and algebra. The candidate will be expected to
teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels and participate actively
with current unit members in the development of our exciting new research
and degree programs. For detailed information regarding qualification
requirements and application instructions, visit our website at
http://web.ubc.ca/okanagan/facultystaff/recruitment.html.

The unit of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics currently has 19 faculty
members http://web.ubc.ca/okanagan/msp, with 10 being mathematicians,
including a Canada Research Chair and a University Faculty Awardee. The
Mathematics program offers B.Sc., B.A., M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in
mathematics. We have well funded and active research groups, offering
research opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students, as well
collaborative projects with other disciplines within UBC O and with
external partners.

UBC Okanagan is the new campus of UBC located in Kelowna.  Situated in the
Okanagan Valley, one of the most scenic regions in Canada, it offers an
intimate learning environment, opportunities for region-centred research,
international perspectives, and much more.  To learn more about the
campus, go to http://web.ubc.ca/okanagan/welcome.html.

The University of British Columbia Okanagan hires on the basis of merit
and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all persons to apply.
However, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given
priority. All positions are subject to funding and salary will be
commensurate with experience.