[cmath] A call for input on the opportunity of a Canadian bid for ICM

Christiane Rousseau rousseac at DMS.UMontreal.CA
Wed Nov 14 08:53:01 EST 2007

To the Canadian mathematical community,

Canada put in a bid for the ICM 2010 in the Fall of 2004.  Although
not successful, the Canadian bid and the site visit in Montreal in
April 2005 made a strong impression on IMU.  Most probably this puts
Canada in a good position if the community decides to put in a bid for ICM
2014.

As the International Affairs Committee will discuss the matter in the
coming weeks, it is sending out a call to
learn from the community:
- the interest of the community in putting in a bid;
- the Canadian cities that could have an interest in hosting the
congress;
- the support that the community is ready to bring to the congress.

Inputs from the community are to be sent to me and I will circulate them to the Committee.

Christiane Rousseau
Département de mathématiques et de statistique
Université de Montréal
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-ville
Montréal, Qc
H3C 3J7