[cmath] Tenure Track Position in Mathematical Biology - University of Alberta, Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Mon Sep 10 16:15:15 EDT 2007

Tenure Track Position, Mathematical Biology

The Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences at the University
of Alberta invites applications for a tenure track position in the area of
Mathematical Biology. We primarily seek candidates at the Assistant
Professor level, but exceptional candidates at a more senior level will be
considered.

We seek an individual who will fit into our applied mathematics program
(dynamical systems, differential equations, numerical methods, fluid
dynamics, and probability), and who complements the Department's existing
expertise in the mathematical modeling of cell biology, ecology,
epidemiology, and physiology. Candidates must have a PhD degree in
Mathematics or cognate discipline, an excellent research record in
Mathematical Biology, strong communication and teaching skills, and
leadership potential. Postdoctoral experience is an asset.

The successful candidate will develop an independent research program,
supervise graduate students, and teach at both the graduate and
undergraduate levels. We offer an excellent research environment with a
normal teaching load of three courses per year. For more information about
the Department, please visit our website at http://www.math.ualberta.ca/.

Candidates have the opportunity to join the Centre for Mathematical
Biology and participate in its activities.  For more information about the
Centre for Mathematical Biology, see www.math.ualberta.ca/~mathbio.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a research statement, a
teaching profile outlining experience and/or interests, and at least three
confidential letters of reference.

The closing date for applications is November 16, 2007, or until a
suitable candidate is found.  Early applications are encouraged.

Interested applicants may apply to:

Arturo Pianzola, Chair
Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2G1

Email: chairsec at math.ualberta.ca

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens
or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be
considered.

The University of Alberta hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to
the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage
applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with
disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.

This employment position is among those listed in the Employment section
of the CMS website:
      http://cms.math.ca/Employment