[cmath] Statistics Position - University of Alberta, Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Tue Oct 31 11:07:22 EST 2006

University of Alberta
Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences

Statistics Position

The Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences at the University
of Alberta invites applications at the Assistant Professor level in
Statistics starting July 1, 2007.  A PhD in Statistics is required. Under
exceptional circumstances, appointments at higher level would be
considered. Current areas of research strength in the Department include
mathematical statistics, probability, design of experiments, robustness,
multivariate analysis, biostatistics and statistical ecology. There is
ample scope and encouragement within our Department to foster both the
theoretical aspects of Statistics, as well as interdisciplinary ventures,
such as those with our Centre for Mathematical Biology .

Applicants are expected to possess a strong research record, research
leadership potential and excellent communication skills. The successful
candidate must have a strong commitment to excellence in undergraduate and
graduate education in statistics.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a teaching profile
outlining experience and/or interests.  Candidates should arrange for at
least three confidential letters of reference to be sent to the Chair at
the address below:

Arturo Pianzola, Chair
Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G1
Canada

The closing date for applications is January 15, 2007, or until a suitable
candidate is found.  Early applications are encouraged.

Records arising from this competition will be managed in accordance with
provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
Act (FOIPP).

The University of Alberta hires on the basis of merit.  We are committed
to the principle of equity in employment.  We welcome diversity in the
workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men,
including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of
visible minorities.

For more information about the Department and the University of Alberta,
please see the department's web page: http://www.math.ualberta.ca

Please Note:  Applicants being considered will generally be contacted
within 3-4 weeks of the deadline date. Those not contacted are thanked for
their interest and encouraged to apply for future positions advertised by
the University.

This employment position is among those listed in the Employment section
of the CMS website:
      http://cms.math.ca/Employment