[cmath] Tenure-Stream Position in Computer Science - UOIT, Faculty of Science

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Thu Oct 19 11:46:42 EDT 2006

Faculty of Science  - Computer Science - competition number UOIT06-58

We invite you to consider joining UOIT's globally trained faculty as we
further our reputation as a leading-edge learning environment and
delivering innovative research. UOIT has a 21st-century vision of teaching
and learning excellence. Our educational philosophy is to challenge,
encourage innovation, and connect our faculty, students and the community,
while respecting the best practice traditions of Canada's established
universities.

The Faculty of Science offers an Honours Bachelor of Science degree
program in Computing Science.  The Faculty also offers Honours Bachelor of
Science programs in Applied and Industrial Mathematics, Biological
Science, Chemistry, Forensic Science and Physics, as well as Concurrent
Education and Science programs in conjunction with UOIT's Faculty of
Education.  MSc programs in Modelling and Computational Science, Applied
Bioscience, and Materials Science will be offered for student entry in
Fall, 2007 (the latter two subject to governmental approval).

The Faculty of Science invites applications for a tenure-stream position
in Computer Science at any rank.  This position is subject to budgetary
approval, and would start at a mutually agreeable time, but not later than
July 2007. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct an active
and innovative research program and to teach at the undergraduate and,
eventually, the graduate level.  In keeping with our technology-enhanced
Mobile Learning environment, in which every student uses a laptop computer
and all Science faculty members teach using a tablet computer, UOIT seeks
faculty who strive to explore and develop new pedagogies.  Applicants with
research expertise in the areas of parallel and distributed computing or
systems are particularly encouraged to apply, although all fields will be
considered. Applicants should possess a PhD in Computer Science or an
appropriate related field, a strong academic background, and a record of
research excellence.

UOIT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from
qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities,
Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.  All qualified
candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent
residents will be given priority.

Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2006 or until suitable
candidates are found. Applicants should submit in electronic format, with
their name and the above competition number in the subject line, a
covering letter, a curriculum vitae including a list of publications, a
statement of teaching interests, an outline of their present research
program and a brief future research plan, and a list of at least 3
referees to careers at uoit.ca.

This employment position is among those listed in the Employment section
of the CMS website:
      http://cms.math.ca/Employment