[cmath] UFA--YorkU

Susan Rainey srainey at yorku.ca
Fri Aug 5 11:14:43 EDT 2005

MATHEMATICS & STATISTICS ? York University. Applications are invited for
an NSERC University Faculty Award, at the Assistant Professor level in the
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Arts, York University
to commence July 1, 2006. Applications in the areas of Foundations of
Computation (category theory, logic, or complexity) Mathematical Analysis,
and Statistics will be considered. The successful candidate must have a
PhD, a proven record of independent research excellence, and evidence of
potential for superior teaching. Preference will be given to candidates
who can strengthen existing areas of present and ongoing research
activity. All positions at York are subject to budgetary approval.
Applications must be received by September 19, 2005. Applicants should
send resumes and arrange for three letters of recommendation (one of which
should address teaching) to be sent directly to: UFA Search Committee,
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, York University, 4700 Keele
Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3; Fax: 416-736-5757; Email:
ufa.recruit at mathstat.yorku.ca; www.math.yorku.ca/Hiring. The UFA program
is directed to women and aboriginal peoples (see www.nserc.ca for a full
description). York University is an Affirmative Action Employer. The
Affirmative Action Program can be found on York's website at
www.yorku.ca/acadjobs or a copy can be obtained by calling the affirmative
action office at 416-736-5713. All qualified candidates are encouraged to
apply; however, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given
priority.

Susan Rainey, Faculty Secretary     {=^:^=}        srainey at yorku.ca
Dept of Mathematics & Statistics
Faculties of Arts and Science & Engineering
N522 Ross, York University
4700 Keele St, Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
(416)736-5250 x22555 -- fax: (416)736-5757
www.math.yorku.ca
I am only as strong as the coffee I drink,
the hairspray I use and the friends I have.