Recently released ICMI information

emuller at brocku.ca emuller at brocku.ca
Tue Jun 21 16:34:05 EDT 2005

I have received from Bernard Hodgson, Secretary-General of ICMI, the following
information on substantial discounts for some of the ICMI Study Volumes.  At
the end of the message you will find the list of members for the ICME 11
International Programme Committee.  This Congress will be held from the 6th to
the 13th of July 2008 in Monterrey, Mexico.

Eric Muller

Dear ICMI Representatives,

visiting the  Springer website this morning, I
realize that substantial discounts are currently
available on a few titles in the New ICMI Study
Series.  Such is the case in particular for the
following three softcover books:

Mathematics Education as a Research Domain: A Search for Identity
An ICMI Study
Series: New ICMI Study Series, Vol. 4
Sierpinska, Anna; Kilpatrick, Jeremy (Eds.)
1997, 600 p., Softcover
ISBN: 0-7923-4600-9
Sale Price US$74.95  (instead of $145)

History in Mathematics Education
An ICMI Study
Series: New ICMI Study Series, Vol. 6
Fauvel, John; van Maanen, J.A. (Eds.)
2003, 450 p., Softcover
ISBN: 1-4020-0942-9
Sale Price US$39.95  (instead of $74.95)

The Teaching and Learning of Mathematics at University Level
An ICMI Study
Series: New ICMI Study Series, Vol. 7
Holton, Derek (Ed.)
2001, 568 p., Softcover
ISBN: 1-4020-0072-3
Sale Price US$49.95  (instead of $93)

I have no  further information about this and the
time when these prices are available.

I hope this information is useful and I invite you to share it broadly.

For more information on the NISS books, please visit
http://www.springeronline.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,4-40414-69-33111341-0,00.html

I use this opportunity to remind you that
according to the contract between ICMI and
Springer, individuals purchasing NISS volumes for
personal use are entitled to the following
discounts (available at any time):
--  60% on the hardbound edition
--  25 % on the softcover edition
In order to obtain such a discount, an individual
must contact Springer claiming to be an "ICMI
member".

(The current sales conditions thus improve
substantially the usual discount on softcover
editions.)

The Executive Committee of ICMI is pleased to
inform you that the process of appointment of the
International Programme Committee for ICME-11 is
now completed.  The Committee is chaired by
Marcela Santillán, Rectora of the Universidad
Pedagógica Nacional in México.  Its members are

Jiansheng BAO  (China),
Hyman BASS  (USA -- ex officio, President of ICMI),
Ricardo CANTORAL  (México),
Sung Je CHO  (Korea),
David CLARKE  (Australia),
Lisbeth CORDANI  (Brazil),
Olimpia FIGUERAS  (México),
Zahra GOOYA  (Iran),
Bernard R. HODGSON  (Canada -- ex officio, Secretary-General of ICMI),
Christine KEITEL  (Germany),
Carolyn KIERAN  (Canada),
Maria DE LOSADA  (Colombia),
Mogens NISS  (Denmark -- ex officio, Chair of the ICME-10 IPC),
Richard NOSS  (UK),
Fidel OTEIZA  (Chile),
João Pedro DA PONTE  (Portugal),
Angel RUÍZ  (Costa Rica),
Marcela SANTILLÁN  (México -- Chair of the IPC),
Cathy SEELEY  (USA),
Mamokgethi SETATI  (South Africa),
Carlos SIGNORET  (Chair of the ICME-11 Local Organizing Committee),
Hikma SMIDA  (Tunisia),
Victor A. VASSILIEV  (Russia).

Marcela Santillán can be reached at
m.santillan at ajusco.upn.mx
and Carlos Signoret, chair of the Local Organizing Committee, at
casi at xanum.uam.mx

Bernard

--
Bernard R. Hodgson
Secretary-General of ICMI -- Secrétaire général de la CIEM
Courriel : bhodgson at mat.ulaval.ca
Cyberpage personnelle:  http://www.mat.ulaval.ca/profs/hodgson/framtout.html