Nominations for Executive Committee of the IMU Deadline 30 March 2005

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Fri Mar 4 11:21:49 EST 2005

[The following is a message from the President of the CMS]

Dear Colleagues.

I am writing to ask that members of the mathematical sciences
community nominate outstanding Canadian candidates to serve on the
Executive Committee of the International Mathematical Union.

I attach information on the election process used by the IMU below my
signature.  Here are the operative phrases:

"Not less than a year before the meeting of the GA [General
Assembly], the EC [Executive Committee] shall request proposals for
the membership of the EC from the National Committees for
Mathematics, to be considered before the spring EC meeting prior to
the Assembly.

The candidate's CV and a brief description of activities should
accompany the suggestions, as should assurance of the candidate's
willingness to serve if elected."

The CMS International Affairs Committee will then forward appropriate
documentation to the IMU.

All nominations should be received by March 30th, 2005.  We
respectfully request that nominations come in the form of PDF files
provided electronically to
   Graham P Wright, Executive Director, CMS: gpwright at cms.math.ca

Information on the process we are following is available at
    http://www.mathunion.org/Organization/election_procedures.html
and
    http://www.mathunion.org/Members/america/canada.html

Regards,

Eddy

H E A Campbell, Vice-President (Academic)
Memorial University of Newfoundland
A1C 5S7
709-737-8246 (O)
eddy at mun.ca