To Chairs of Math Sci. departments

Ghoussoub nassif at math.ubc.ca
Sat Jan 15 21:12:52 EST 2005

The Executive of the Banff International Research Station  (BIRS) is
considering the issue of dedicating every year  one of its workshops
to themes that are pertinent to Women in Mathematics. For that, we
are inquiring
whether a sufficient number of Department chairs in North America are
capable and willing to commit up to 500$ per year for the travel
support of women mathematicians (student or faculty) in their
department to BIRS for that workshop.

Please let me know asap  (return e-mail is sufficient) whether you
are willing to make such a commitment.
Many thanks in advance.

Nassif