MITACS AGM

Graham Wright gpwright at cms.math.ca
Mon May 10 11:11:47 EDT 2004

Please circulate:

This year, we have worked with MITACS (Mathematics of Information
Technology and Complex Systems) to plan our meetings consecutively at
Dalhousie University. We hope this will allow you to attend both these
important meetings for our mathematics community. The MITACS Annual
Conference takes place June 10 - 12 in Halifax. The theme is "The
Mathematics of Environment  and Sustainable Resources". There are many
exciting events and important sessions for students and faculty. In
addition to the annual student poster  competition, industry and
scientific sessions, and networking opportunities, we are introducing
new sessions at this year's conference:

a.. Career Panel for students to learn about different career options
for students upon graduation,
b.. "Commercializing Your Research" session for anyone involved in a
MITACS project,
c.. Short Courses for students,
d.. Student Presentations session that allows students to perfect
their presentation skills in a lecture hall setting

 Full details of the conference can be found at www.mitacs.ca.

Jo-Anne Rockwood
Event Coordinator
The Mathematics of Information Technology and Complex Systems (MITACS)
Tel: (604)291-3711  Fax: (604)268-6657
email: jrockwood at mitacs.ca