Call for manuscripts - A Taste Of Mathematics

Graham Wright gpwright at cms.math.ca
Mon Mar 8 10:25:13 EST 2004

Call for manuscripts - ATOM
A Taste Of Mathematics

The booklets in the series, ATOM, are designed as enrichment materials
for high school students with an interest in and aptitude for
mathematics. Some booklets in the series will also cover the materials
useful for mathematical competitions.

So far, four volumes have been published volume I, Problems from the
Olympiad Correspondence Program; Volume II, Algebra Intermediate
Methods; Volume III Inequalities; and Volume IV, Problems for
Mathematics Leagues. There are two manuscripts under active
consideration on Number Theory and Trigonometry.

The Editorial Board is interested in receiving proposals for future
volumes, either as a specific proposal or as a manuscript. Proposers
should note that the booklets are relatively short, not exceeding 64
pages in length. So far we have published only in English because of
perceived sales demand.

All proposals and manuscripts should be sent to the Editor-in-Chief,
Bruce Shawyer, Department of Mathematics, Memorial University of
Newfoundland, St. John's NF, Canada A1C 5S7,
or email atom at math.mun.ca.