[cmath] PIMS Industrial Problem Solving Workshop, June 15-19.

Lamoureux, Michael mikel at pims.math.ca
Mon Apr 20 17:35:13 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Registration is now open for the 2015 PIMS Industrial Problem Solving Workshop, to be held June 15-19 at the University of Saskatchewan. As with previous IPSWs, the goal of the workshop is to bring together academic researchers in mathematics and statistics to solve real industrial problems presented by applied researchers from various companies. Details on the workshop, including registration and funding information, is available here on the web:

https://www.pims.math.ca/industrial-event/150615-pipsw

This year we have five proposed problems from groups in oil and gas, mining, agriculture, advertising, and quantum computing. We are looking to engage professors, postdocs, and students with a solid interest and expertise in applications of mathematics and statistics, including (but not limited to) numerical optimization, numerical modeling, partial differential equations and analysis, statistical analysis and survey design, robust estimation, game theory, scheduling, and discrete math.

This industrial workshop is linked to the Math Institutes Innovation Platform, an endeavour of the three Canadian mathematics institutes that is financed by NSERC and was created to foster collaborations between industry and researchers in the mathematical sciences.

We invite your participation, and encourage you to circulate this information to colleagues and qualified students.

Sincerely,
Michael Lamoureux

Dr. Michael P. Lamoureux
PIMS Innovation Coordinator