[cmath] Tenure-Track Position in Mathematics - Concordia University

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Thu Sep 3 17:31:39 EDT 2009

Concordia University
Tenure-track Position in Mathematics

The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Concordia University in
Montreal, Quebec, invites applications for one tenure-track appointment in
Mathematics. Of particular interest are candidates having an outstanding
research record in one or more of the areas of Geometric Analysis,
Algebraic Geometry, Differential Geometry and related fields of
application. The research expertise of the candidate should interface well
with existing research strengths in Mathematics within the Department
which include the areas of Analysis, Group Theory, Mathematical Physics
and Number Theory. Applicants should have a PhD degree, a strong research
record, and demonstrated interest/experience in teaching both at the
undergraduate and graduate levels.

Applications must consist of a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae,
copies of recent publications, a statement of teaching
philosophy/interests, a statement of research achievements, and evidence
of teaching effectiveness. Candidates must also arrange to have three
letters of reference sent directly to:

Dr. Y.P. Chaubey, Chair
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd.
Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
Canada
chair at mathstat.concordia.ca
http://www.mathstat.concordia.ca

Subject to budgetary approval, we anticipate lling this position,
normally at the rank of Assistant Professor, for July 1, 2010. Unless
otherwise stipulated in the descriptions on our website, candidates should
have a PhD. Review of applications will begin immediately and will
continue until the position is filled. All applications should reach
departments no later than November 2, 2009. All inquiries about the
position should be directed to Dr. Chaubey (chair at mathstat.concordia.ca).
For additional information, please visit our website at
http://artsandscience.concordia.ca/

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian
citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Concordia University is committed to employment equity.

This employment position is among those listed in the Employment section
of the CMS website:
      http://cms.math.ca/Employment