[cmath] CMS Winter Meeting 2008

Gertrud Jeewanjee meetings at cms.math.ca
Wed Nov 19 15:55:06 EST 2008

*CMS Winter Meeting 2008*

*December 6 - 8, Ottawa, Ontario*

www.cms.math.ca <http://www.cms.math.ca/>

On behalf of Carleton University <http://www.carleton.ca>, the School of
Mathematics and Statistics invites the mathematical community to the CMS
Winter Meeting 2008 <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter08/>. The
program will include eleven plenary, prize and public lectures, and a
wide variety of sessions, including a Contributed Paper session.

All scientific talks and social activities will take place at the
*Ottawa Marriott Hotel, *located at 100 Kent Street, Ottawa.

The CMS Committee for Women in Mathematics is organizing the 4^th
workshop of *Connecting Women in Mathematics Across Canada* (CWiMAC 2008
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/cwimac2008/>). The purpose of the CWiMAC
workshops is to support the career development of junior female
academics in the Canadian mathematics community. CWiMAC 2008 will take
place at the University of Ottawa on December 4 and 5, 2008.
Registration deadline for the workshop is November 25.

We will celebrate *Graham Wright's 30 years of dedicated service to the
CMS* on December 6, following the banquet, in a room that overlooks
Ottawa (great view) on the 27th floor of the Marriott Hotel. We hope you
will come and that you will consider making a donation to the CMS in
Graham's honor at the event. Cash Bar. (Since Graham will not be
retiring until sometime in 2009, the Roast event has been postponed.)

Online Registration
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter08/registration> – Deadline:
November 25

The online registration will close on November 25 and registration will
resume on site at an increased rate.

Accommodation <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter08/accommodation>

The hotel is almost sold out; please visit the website for contact details.

We look forward to welcoming you in Ottawa!

Gertrud Jeewanjee

--
Gertrud Jeewanjee
Meetings Coordinator, Canadian Mathematical Society