[cmath] Fwd: ICME-12 IPC

Peter Taylor peter.taylor at queensu.ca
Wed Oct 8 15:15:00 EDT 2008

Colleagues:
ICME-12 will be held in Seoul in July 2012.
Bernard Hodgson has just sent out a call for
suggestions for the international program committee.
see below
Time short, we have till Oct 25 to make and support suggestions.
Do we want a Canadian on the IPC?
For your information I append the IPC for ICME-11.
We had two Canadians, Bernard (ex officio) and Carolyn.
Bernard will again be ex-officio but only for the
first year or so.  Then his duties as Sec-General end.
Since we did have Carolyn last time it might be
hard to argue for a Canadian again.
But with a good nominee, we should go for it.
happy to have suggestions which i can pass on to
Bernard (but you'd need to help me with "few lines"--see below)
best,
peter

IPC
International Program
Committee
Michèle Artigue, France
Jiansheng Bao, China
Hyman Bass, USA
Ricardo Cantoral, Mexico
Sung Je Cho, Korea
David Clarke, Australia
Lisbeth K. Cordani, Brazil
Olimpia Figueras, Mexico
Zahra Gooya, Iran
Bernard R. Hodgson, Canada
Christine Keitel, Germany
Carolyn Kieran, Canada
Maria Falk de Losada, Colombia
Mogens Niss, Denmark
Richard Noss, UK
Fidel Oteiza, Chile
João Pedro da Ponte, Portugal
Angel Ruiz, Costa Rica
Marcela Santillán, Mexico (Chair)
Cathy Seeley, USA
Mamokgethi Setati, South Africa
Carlos Signoret, Mexico
Hikma Smida, Tunisia
Victor Vassiliev, Russia

Dear ICMI Representatives and Chairs of ICMI Affiliated Study Groups,

The Executive Committee of ICMI aims at
completing the appointment of the International
Programme Committee for ICME-12 (Seoul, July
2012) by early November.  We welcome your
comments and suggestions as regards the composition of this Committee.

Please send me your replies no later than October
25.  I would be grateful that suggestions of
names be accompanied by a few lines indicating
the reasons supporting your proposals.  (Email
addresses for the colleagues being proposed would of course greatly help me.)

I remind you that, as announced at ICME-11, the
IPC for ICME-12 will be chaired by Sung Je Cho,
from the Department of Mathematics Education of Seoul National University.

Thanks for your cooperation, and best wishes.

Bernard
--
Bernard R. Hodgson
Secretary-General of ICMI -- Secrétaire général de la CIEM
Courriel : bhodgson at mat.ulaval.ca
Site personnel :  http://www.mat.ulaval.ca/pages/hodgson/
Site CIEM / ICMI website :  http://www.mathunion.org/ICMI/

Avis relatif à la confidentialité / Notice of
Confidentiality / Advertencia de confidencialidad
http://www.rec.ulaval.ca/lce/securite/confidentialite.htm

Peter Taylor
Dept Math&Stats
Queen's University