[cmath] Second Canada-France Congress 2008

Gertrud Jeewanjee meetings at cms.math.ca
Tue Mar 4 15:44:13 EST 2008

*Second Canada-France Congress 2008
June 1-5, 2008, Montreal, Quebec*

www.canada-france.math.ca**

The following organizations:
Canadian Applied and Industrial Mathematics Society
<http://www.caims.ca/> (CAIMS), Canadian Mathematical Society
<http://www.cms.math.ca> (CMS), Centre de recherches mathématiques
<http://www.crm.umontreal.ca/en/index.shtml> (CRM), Fields Institute
<http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/>, Institut des sciences mathématiques
<http://www.math.uqam.ca/ism/index_en.html?intro_en.html> (ISM),
Mathematics of Information Technology & Complex Systems
<http://www.mitacs.ca/index.htm> (MITACS), Pacific Institute for the
Mathematical Sciences <http://www.pims.math.ca/> (PIMS), Société de
Mathématiques Appliquées & Industrielles <http://smai.emath.fr/>
(SMAI),  Société Mathématique de France <http://smf.emath.fr/> (SMF),
Université du Québec à Montréal <http://www.uqam.ca/> (UQAM)
invite the mathematical community to attend the Second Congress
Canada-France 2008 from Sunday, June 1 to Thursday, June 5. With
twenty-eight scientific sessions
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/sessions_scientific>, eighteen
plenary and prize lectures
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/abs/by_session_plenary_prize>, a
public lecture
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/abs/by_session_plenary_prize>,
several workshops <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/workshops> and
mini-symposia <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/minisymposia>, and
a poster session
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/sessions_poster>, this
conference has much to offer.

All events will take place at the Université du Québec à Montréal
<http://www.math.uqam.ca/>.

The Welcome Reception is held on Sunday, June 1 at 19:30 at UQAM,
Pavillon Sherbrooke, located at 200, rue Sherbrooke Ouest. Admission to
this event is included in the registration fees.

The Banquet takes place on Tuesday, June 3; it will be preceded by a
Reception and Student Award Ceremony. Admission to the Reception is
included in the registration fees; tickets for the banquet are available
at $60 each.

Early Bird Registration
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/registration> -- Deadline: April 1

To qualify for the discounted Early Bird registration fee, the
registration form and payment have to be received by the deadline. After
this date, the registration fees increase by approximately 30%.

Accommodation <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/accommodation> --
Deadline: April 16 (Residences), April 30 (Four Points Sheraton, Holiday
Inn Midtown)

We have secured discounted rates at the Four Points Sheraton, the UQAM
Residences and the Holiday Inn Midtown.

*Due to the **Montreal** Grand Prix taking place immediately after the
Congress and the preliminary activities linked to it, affordable
accommodation is limited to the venues covered by our group contract. We
strongly recommend completing your hotel reservations as early as
possible, as hotel rates outside the reserved block will be much more
expensive (at least double).*

Student Subsidies
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/summer08/student_subsidy> - We strongly
encourage the participation of students at the Canada-France Congress.
Towards this, we are allocating significant funds to help defray the
cost of poster preparation, travel and accommodation for graduate
students and post-doctoral fellows. See the event web site for more details.

We look forward to welcoming you in Montreal!

--
Gertrud Jeewanjee
Meetings Coordinator